1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/8 cup unsalted butter
3 tbsp iced water
280 g bacon strips
30 g EZ’s baked all-purpose cream
2 cups fresh milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1. Using a food processor mix flour, salt and butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. In a small bowl whisk together eggs and water; add into flour mixture then process until dough comes together.
3. Round the dough, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into 1/4 inch thick and cut out a 13 inch circle. Press dough into tart pan and refrigerate for another 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Preheat oven to 400 F and blind bake the tart shell for about 10 to 20 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack to cool down.
6. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, then drain excess oil. In a medium bowl whisk together EZ’S BEST ALL-PURPOSE CREAM POWDER, water, egg, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into tart shell then top with bacon strips.
7. Baked at 400 F for 30 minutes until puffed and golden brown in color. Let it cool before serving.